Tuesday, October 21, 2008

T-Minus A Couple Days: NATIONAL CONFERENCE


It’s that time of the year. In a few days, public relations students around the world will feel a shift. The ones in Detroit might feel a full-on earthquake.

It’s National Conference. Are you going?

National Conference can make your PRSSA career. It certainly did mine.

When I joined PRSSA, I didn’t attend any events for a year. Instead, I sat back on my heels and decided that it was simpler to do nothing and put it on my resume than actually put myself out there and participate. It wasn’t until I was a sophomore that I decided I couldn’t wait any longer.

I signed up for National Conference on a whim, and it changed my life. It sound cliché, but it’s true. At conference, I got to know members of the executive board and made friends with other members of PRSSA. With each day, I became more involved in PRSSA.

If I hadn’t gone to conference, I wouldn’t be on the executive board today. My resume would have one line from PRSSA: Member.

Instead, I’ve built a formidable resume through my experience within PRSSA. It has taught me more than any other experience I’ve had: school, internship or life.

And I owe it all to National Conference.

So, as the days wind down until our crew leaves for Detroit, get excited to hear about their incredible stories and start budgeting for next year.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Watson

VP of Chapter Development

Alpha Chapter, University of Florida


No comments: